Welcome to the DAR Genealogical Education Program
All GEP courses will remain open and available during the holiday season
but technical support may be limited or unavailable from
20 Dec 2014 -- 5 Jan 2015.
Before you register for a course in the DAR Genealogical Education program, there are several things you need to do:
- Create a user account. Be sure to include your national number in the designated box so that you will receive credit for the course. To create an account, click here.
- Read and familiarize yourself with:
- the Program Overview
- the Course Goals
- the Technical Requirements
- the Guidelines for Forum Use
- the Instructions for Manipulating Documents in Adobe Reader
- Run the Software Check to make sure that you won't have any problems accessing the course materials. No refunds will be given if your computer is not compatible with the course software.
- You MUST allow pop-ups for the course site. Keep in mind that there may be more than one pop-up blocker installed in your browser. Toolbars such as Google and Yahoo! have their own pop-up blockers, so if you have these toolbars installed, you will need to adjust the settings in each of your toolbars.
- AOL users should minimize the AOL browser and use FireFox or Google Chrome. The AOL browser is not compatible with the course software. Recent versions of Internet Explorer may also have some compatibility issues with the course site.
- Older versions of Safari are known to not be compatible with the course software. Users using Safari Version 5.1.2 (6534.52.7) on Mac OS 10.6.8 have successfully completed the courses with no problems.
- Once you have created an account, click on the title of Course 1. You will find this link directly under the heading "My Courses" on this page.
Please read the course title and description carefully before paying for the course,
make sure that the correct course title is listed on the payment screen before you submit your payment.